Ballin' on a Budget
Hello hello! As engagement season rolls to a close, there are thousands of new brides (and grooms) checking their bank accounts, calling parents, hanging up on vendors with horror stricken on their faces. "It costs HOW much for a bouquet?!" What is supposed to be one of the greatest times of your life seems to have this dark dooming rain cloud hovering over your special day. DEBT is the adult version of monsters under the bed. So here are our top 5 ways to plan your wedding and stick to your budget.
1. The bridesmaid's bouquets: This is a fun fix, the day of your wedding have your flower girl or who have you, go pick wild flowers. This especially works in the spring. Have one of your bridesmaids over see things to make sure no poison oak is plucked and to make sure things go according to plan. This is a super fun way for the youngins to feel that they are helping
and it gives a super cute boho feel to the wedding. Leave the stems uneven and long for some additional character and wrap some ribbon around them. This could work for the bridal flowers as well as the bouquet toss too!
2. Skip the party favors: No, seriously, they are pointless. Your guests will take plenty of pictures to remember this moment and truthfully those favors will be lost within the week. If they are important enough to you to invite them to the wedding I PROMISE they won't notice if you hinder from giving them trinkets.
3. Stay stingy on your bar: Lots of beer, lots of wine. Champagne for the toast only. That's all they need. You can save a TON when you don't have to pay for fancy liquor. And hopefully more people will remember your wedding night!
4. Thrifty: Once you get an idea of a color pallet and a theme, start shopping immediately. Head to the thrift store or some garage sales. Actually, do both. Go to all of them! You will be amazed at how much you can save when you buy used. Check out craigslist and the facebook marketplace too. You can get Christmas lights. decor, plates, even dresses and center pieces. The earlier you start, the more you will be able to find.
5. US: We know it can be really hard sticking to a budget. I have been there before. Don't compromise on your wedding just because all the other venues are$10,000. Call us and let us help you find the best package to fit your financial needs. It is possible to have your dream wedding at a price you can afford.